The Security and Compliance Analyst position monitors, manages, maintains and ensures that MCG operations, procedures, and documentation meet government and industry security and compliance standards. This position will be responsible to proactively identify, research, communicate and assist in evaluating regulations, policies and systems company wide to meet our customer’s expectations.
Energy Software Career Opportunities with MCG Energy
Security and Compliance Analyst
Minneapolis, MN (Hybrid)
- Develop new compliance policies, procedures and cybersecurity solutions as required for executive approval and implementation.
- Assist the Infrastructure network and server engineers with system design and implementation of security.
- Stay current on industry and federal requirements for corporate internal security, operational and procedural compliance. Monitor and maintain existing compliance policies, documentation and systems.
- Communicate new or changed compliance policies and guidelines to Management and designated departments and provide security policy training materials.
- Lead and assist with the company’s audit and compliance process to consistent with goals set by the management team, including FedRAMP, NIST, GDPR, SOC and state-level requirements
- Complete customer-requested compliance documentation and security questionnaires consistent with Company policies for RFP and annual reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
This individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, and/or ability required.
- Technical security system implementations where expertise exists for providing technical solutions for security policies. Work with network and server engineers on security systems implementations- network IDS/IPS, DNS security, network encryption protocols, application of CIS benchmarks for network and server systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot security system implementations and work with vendor support to resolve issues with security management tools.
- Experience with producing audit report documentation for FedRAMP, NIST or SOC audit programs.
- Monitoring and integration of automated security tools- Splunk, Qualys, Cisco SecureX.
- Security workflows- Network and server change management control and ticketing.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal effectively in a fast-moving team environment.
- Strong ability to multi task and manage several projects concurrently.
- Strong track record of meeting commitment dates and working in teams.
- Proven hands-on technical experience in the areas of Security/Compliance auditing and/or Cybersecurity System implementations.
- 5+ years’ experience in a FedRAMP, NIST FISMA or SOC audit programs
- CISSP, CISM or equivalent certification preferred.
- High availability datacenter environment experience is valuable.
Software Applications Developer
MCG Energy Solutions, LLC is a highly entrepreneurial company that is frequently seeking software application developers who have entrepreneurial spirit, are highly accountable, and meet commitment dates to deliver great value to our clients. Successful candidates need strong prioritization and planning skills, and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Developers must understand and conceptualize applications from both a technical/programming perspective and a business point of view.
Desired experience includes representing business logic in TSQL using MS SQL Server or experience with relational databases and SQL. Applicants also should have the demonstrated ability to adapt to different programming environments and languages to deliver applications that meet business needs, as well as strong communication and team leadership skills.
- TSQL (including stored procedures, indexing, triggers and cursors)
- Sound understanding of software development principles
- Additional experience preferred:
- C#.NET, ASP.NET, Java Script (Angular.js)
- Web Services