MCG’s Energy Accounting System (EAS) tracks and manages time series data types, such as load, imbalance, contract, etc., and tracks a meter’s data sources to generate an official profile based on the best available data. EAS’s validation engine validates meter data across profiles or intervals to manage data quality issues (bad reads, stuck meters, dated values, etc.) and provides an interface to the ISO markets for MDMA function.
MCG’S Energy Accounting System (EAS)
In addition to tracking and management of a variety of time series data types, MCG’s EAS Pyramid enables the energy accountant to define multiple levels of rollup accounts for visualizing various calculations (load calculations, imbalance calculations, contract calculations, etc.) through drill-down functionality. The system will track multiple different data sources for a single meter, which can be ranked in order to generate an official profile based on the best available source of data for that interval. Tolerance checking allows the system to flag suspect values while still accepting the data from the source. Multiple levels of multipliers can be used to flip signs on incoming data, or to apply loss factors. The system also supports multiple types of rounding methods such as round, round up, round down, truncate, or truncate and carry, which can be set on a meter by meter basis.
Key Features and Benefits
- Powerful tool for managing time series data
- Allows visualization of your complete energy system from Generation to Load to Ties and more
- Manages tracking and validation of multiple data sources for a meter, and prioritizes data sources to derive the best available value
- Displays data in a variety of ways (configurable reports, displays, pivots, and dashboards)
- Accommodates hourly and sub-hourly meter data (5 and 15 minute) for calculation, validation, and submission to markets
- Validates meter data across profiles or across intervals to detect a wide variety of data quality issues (bad reads, stuck meters, dated values, etc.)
- Flexible calculation engine that defines simple to highly complex relationships of data sources, allowing conditional statements, multipliers, sign inversion, parenthetical operations, and more
- Applies relationships and calculations on a point by point basis to give exceptional clarity to an organization’s system
- Ad-hoc reporting tools for users to create a wide variety of reports, displays, and charts to assist in managing their data
- Customers within an ISO can use EAS to perform full Meter Data Management Agent (MDMA) functions including validations, rollups, and submissions to the market
- Communicates with both internal and external systems, and supports multiple formats of data to communicate with a long list of regional systems (PEAK, EIA, WECC) as well as core internal systems like PI, meter data historian, EMS, billing, and load forecasting systems
MCG’s TransBill is a complete wholesale power billing and invoicing solution capable of billing a wide variety of wholesale contracts for both generation and transmission requirements. TransBill assists in performing all components of Open Access Transmission Tariffs (OATTs), Purchase Power Agreements (PPAs), Grandfathered Agreements (Power and Transmission legacy contracts), and ISO Transmission Revenue Shadowing, and more.
Transbill’s flexible configuration enables users to define and change even the most complex billing calculations without IT or developer involvement. Like all other MCG products, TransBill data is incorporated into the Hosted Data Services footprint, providing customers all their historical billing data alongside all of their operational and meter data in a single enterprise repository. MCG’s TransBill natively integrates with all of our other systems, including MCG’s Energy Accounting System (EAS), Control Area Scheduler (CAS), and Integrated Asset Manager (IAM). This simplifies implementation as all inputs to the billing process (meters, schedules, calculated determinants, etc.) can be received by TransBill through native interfaces to our other products.TransBill Product Details (PDF)
MCG’s Hosted Data Services (HDS) product merges data from EAS, TransBill and all other MCG software products into one hosted platform for reporting and data warehousing.