MCG Energy’s products form a dynamic and natively integrated Energy Software Suite with tools to thrive in wholesale and retail energy markets. Our applications can be used individually or together as a complete energy software solution. Native integration enables MCG Energy applications to communicate with each other out of the box, greatly reducing the cost and risk of integration for a comprehensive solution. Our customers can add new MCG Energy applications to enhance their existing MCG solutions with little or no cost to implement.
MCG Energy specializes in hosted solutions in our NIST SP 800-53 r4 Mod level compliant Private Cloud, which is included in our annual third-party SOC and NIST auditing. We are now enhancing security and compliance as we prepare for FedRAMP authorization of our hosting facilities and applications. MCG Energy maintains its systems and hardware so our hosted customers can fully focus on their business.
MCG Energy solutions are integrated with all North American ISOs and RTOs. One of the many advantages of working with MCG is our standard Software Assurance guarantee – MCG applications are kept up-to-date with market system changes for all customers at no additional charge. This means that changes required to our solutions due to specification changes in e-Tagging, OASIS, or market changes are all included at no extra charge.
Learn more about our line of energy software solutions:Energy Software Suite Details (PDF)
The MCG Energy Software Suite
- Integrated Asset Manager (IAM) – An easy-to-use energy scheduling software system for bid capture, physical scheduling, and tagging, ISO market submissions for physicals, financials and asset management, market clearing, real-time scheduling, performance reporting, and settlements.
- MCG Energy’s Paragon Energy Risk Manager (ERM) – A fully integrated trading, credit, and market risk management solution for complex, multi-commodity energy companies working with natural gas, power, crude and related products, NGLs, coal, emissions, and RECs, etc., including gas scheduling.
- MCG Energy’s Paragon Credit Risk Manager (CRM) – Combines state-of-the-art technology with a rich feature set for managing credit risk, including counterparty, contract, collateral, exposure management, advanced credit analytics, and credit scoring.
- MCG Energy’s Paragon Gas Scheduling System (GSS) – Combines operational and commercial energy data in a user-friendly format that simplifies operations ranging from processing nominations to generating expected cash flows. Uses pipeline transport rates and actualized data to generate invoices and closing statements are generated.
- Energy Accounting System (EAS) – A powerful energy accounting tool for managing time-series data, with graphic views of your company’s complete energy system from Generation, to Load, to Ties and more, as well as configurable reports, displays, pivots, and dashboards. Tracks and validates a meter’s multiple data sources to derive the best available value, using a flexible calculation engine that allows conditional statements, multipliers, sign inversion, parenthetical operations, and more.
- TransBill – Flexible platform for TransCo and GenCo businesses that performs OATT, grandfathered transmission, ISO transmission revenue shadowing, as well as ad hoc billing projects tailored to your unique requirements.
- MCG Energy’s Workforce – Advances and streamlines the construction and maintenance process in Energy and other industries with safety management tools for the desktop and mobile devices including Permit to Work (PTW), which reduce the administrative burden on staff and enhance compliance and communications in the field and office. Standardized forms and checklists simplify meeting OSHA and HSE safety standards and best practices, and are easy to adjust when requirements change.
- MCG Energy’s Versify Outage Management System (OMS) – Integrated workflow solution for managing the entire outage process, which simplifies the complexities of planning, approving, scheduling, submitting, and reporting generator outages. Integration with ISO/RTOs and RCs automates the outage management process across portfolios, with complete 2-way synchronization of tickets for generation and transmission assets. Includes NERC GADS and TADS compliance reporting functionality.
- MCG Energy’s Versify Operator Log (OpLog) – Simplifies outage management communication by logging events, activities, and compliance requirements in one flexible and easy to use solution. Allows all of an organization’s facilities, assets, and equipment to share information in a single platform that automates existing manual processes and eliminates errors.
- Hosted Data Services (HDS) – Warehouses and archives data from all MCG Energy products in a single platform with full search, filter, report, and display building capability. Includes a programmatic API for performing queries directly against the HDS database, which eliminates production impacts from long-running queries.
- Control Area Scheduling (CAS) – Fully featured interchange and transmission scheduling system that integrates MCG Energy Tagging and OASIS interfaces, to automatically create, categorize, and track interchange and transmission schedules for reliability entities.
- MCG Energy’s Innotap Data Suite (IDS) – Organizes and displays ISO market and energy industry data from a wide array of sources for analytics and decision support. Works from a desktop user interface and optional, easy to implement high-speed API to provide updates, event monitoring, and alerts for opportunities and risks to your business, with the ability to visualize and report on the decision-making process.
Key Features and Benefits of the MCG Energy Software Suite
- All products are natively integrated and can be used individually or together
- Can often be implemented at zero cost
- Products are integrated with all North American ISOs/RTOs
- Hosting in SOC and NIST 800-53 Mod level compliant private cloud – and MCG Energy is now preparing hosting facilities and applications for FedRAMP authorization
- Best-in-industry software for energy accounting, trading, scheduling, transmission, and more for the front, middle, and back office
- Offerings are rapidly expanding to meet changing industry and markets
- Single vendor implementation, hosting, support, and maintenance, which allows you to focus on your business
- Standard Support and Maintenance includes Software Assurance, ensuring products are up-to-date with the industry and markets
To learn more about MCG Energy’s line of software solutions, please contact us today.